The ISO 22000 Implementer certifications are professional certifications for professionals needing to implement a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and, in case of the ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Certification, needing to manage an implementation project.
The principal competencies and knowledge skills needed by the market are the ability to support an organization in implementing and managing a Food Safety Management System as specified in ISO 22000:2005: plan, implementation, surveillance, re-examination and operation of an FSMS, continual improvement of food safety controls and processes, management’s commitment, follow-up and review.
Various professions may apply for this certification:
- Manager or consultant wanting to implement an Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Project manager or consultant wanting to master the Food Safety Management System implementation process
- Person responsible for the food safety or conformity in an organization
- Member of the food safety team
- Expert advisor in food safety
- Technical expert wanting to prepare for an food safety audit function
The requirements for “Implementer” certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||FSMS project experience||Other requirements|
|ISO 22000 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO 22000 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of Food Safety work experience||Project activities totaling 200 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO 22000 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of Food Safety work experience||Project activities totalling 300 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
For certification purposes, the following implementation types constitute valid implementation experience:
If an applicant doesn’t have all requirements to apply for the credentials of ISO 22000 Lead Implementer he/she may apply for the credentials of ISO 22000 Implementer or ISO 22000 Provisional Implementer.
- Internal implementation
- External/consulting implementation
- Partial implementation
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include most of the following activities:
- Drafting an FSMS implementation business case
- Managing an FSMS implementation project
- Understanding of prerequisite programmes
- Master the principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius.
- Having the knowledge of Good Practice guides for: Manufacturing (GMP), Production (GPP), Hygiene (GHP), Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Distribution (GDP) and Trading (GTP)
- Implementing Food Safety controls
- Managing Food Safety controls
- Implementing corrective or preventive action
- Performing internal audit
- Performing a management review
- Managing an food safety team
Informations and registration:
Alexandra Niculae, Training Director ENVISO