The “PECB Certified Outsourcing Manager” credential is a professional certification for professionals needing to demonstrate the competence to implement, maintain and manage ongoing outsourcing processes according to ISO/IEC 37500.
The principal competencies and knowledge skills needed by the market are the ability to support an organization in implementing and managing outsourcing activities as specified in ISO/IEC 37500. Participants will prove that they understand the entire outsourcing lifecycle and are capable of providing a framework which specifies a common outsourcing terminology, defines the actors and their roles in outsourcing lifecycle and governance, provides an industry generic foundation which can be tailored to suit sector specific requirements, describes the processes necessary to fit the outsourcing strategy and aims to enable mutually beneficial collaborative relationships.
Various professions may apply for this certification:
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support organizations on outsourcing their activities
- Decision makers
- Stakeholders engaged in outsourcing arrangements
- Individuals responsible for outsourcing within an organization
- Professionals interested in earning certification related to outsourcing
- Risk managers
- Professional consultants
- Expert advisors in outsourcing
- Persons and organizations involved in outsourcing tasks
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||OMMS project experience||Other requirements|
|Provisional Outsourcing Manager||PECB Certified Outsourcing Manager exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|Outsourcing Manager||PECB Certified Outsourcing Manager exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of Outsourcing Management work experience||Project activities totaling 200 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|Lead Outsourcing Manager||PECB Certified Lead Outsourcing Manager Exam||Five years: Two years of COM work experience||Project activities totalling 300 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
For certification purposes, the following outsourcing activities constitute valid experience:
- Internal implementation and/or management of outsourcing activities
- External/consulting implementation and/or management of an outsourcing agreement
- Partial implementation and/or management of an outsourcing activity
To be considered valid, the outsourcing assessment activities should follow best implementation practices and include significant part of the following activities:
- Understanding an organization and its context
- Defining an outsourcing approach
- Selecting of an outsourcing methodology
- Defining outsourcing criterias
- Identification of assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
- Assessing of consequences and outsourcing likelihood
- Determining the level of outsourcing activities
- Evaluating outsourcing scenarios
- Evaluating outsourcing treatment options
- Selecting and implementing controls
- Performing an outsourcing review
Professional references must be from individuals who have professionally worked with you and can validate your outsourcing management expertise, current and previous work history, as well as your job performance. You cannot use anyone as a reference who falls under your supervision or is a relative. At least three professional references are required (candidates can input up to a maximum of five references).
Complete information is required: including job title, begin dates, end dates, responsibilities and more. Summarize each assignment, providing sufficient detail to describe the nature of the responsibilities that you had. This information can be detailed in your resume.
Denial and Revocation of Certification
Certification will be denied or revoked for any of the following reasons:
- Falsification of application
- Violation of testing procedures
- Failure to pass the examination
Denials or revocations of certification may be appealed to the Certification Board in writing.
Annual Renewal Certification Fee
To maintain your credentials active, there is an annual renewal fee for each calendar year. Registrants who pay their annual renewal fee will appear online in the PECB Directory of Certified Professional.
Maintain your Certification (Recertification)
The PECB designations are valid for three years. To maintain your certification, you must have accumulated the necessary 90 Continuing Professional Development credits (CPD) by the end of that three-year period and pay the recertification fee. CPD hours need to be inputted in your online PECB profile. PECB certified professionals who fail to provide the required CPD hours will have their PECB credentials revoked and will no longer be allowed to present themselves as certified PECB professionals.
Informations and registration:
Alexandra Niculae, Training Director ENVISO