Design Thinking is a design methodology that provides a solution-based approach to solving problems, is a step-by-step process that is repeated over multiple iterations.
We propose a 2-day immersive program providing the opportunity to learn the concept of “design thinking” — a human-centered, prototype-driven process for innovation that can be applied to product, service, and business design.
The course covers basic theoretical concepts approach (40% of the course time) and simulations for the practical application of the tools learned (60% of the course time):
- Key concepts & principles of Design Thinking
- Benefits of Design Thinking
- Understanding the framework of Design Thinking
- 5 Action phases of Design Thinking :
- Empathize – To understand the experience, situation and emotion of the user for whom you are designing
- Define – To process and synthesize the findings in order to form a user Point of View (POV) that you will address. To define clear project / business objectives.
- Ideate – To focus on idea generation. Explore a wide variety and large quantity of ideas to go beyond the obvious solutions to a problem.
- Prototype – Building a representation of one or more of your ideas to show to others. To build and visualize ideas and solutions. A simple way to shape ideas so you can experience and interact with them.
- Test – Share your prototyped idea with your original user for feedback. To learn about your user, reframe your POV and refine your prototype. To review and decide.
- Characteristics of the Design Action Plan
- Deliverables for every phase
- Design Thinking mindsets, tools & templates
After following this program, you will be able to:
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Design Thinking principles, process and tools
- Apply the Design Thinking methodology and tools to generate breakthrough ideas and co-create an improved customer experience journey
- Improve personal effectiveness by becoming a more empathetic product or service provider
Understanding the five stages of Design Thinking will empower anyone to apply the Design Thinking methods in order to solve complex problems that occur around us.
Who can participate :
Top and middle management, as well as members of process improvement teams.
Registration and information on Design Thinking training, coaching, implementation :