The Certified PECB ISO 13053 Implementer certifications are professional certifications for specialists needing to implement a Six Sigma process improvement based on quantitative methods of ISO 13053 Lead Implementer Certification, needing to manage an implementation project.
ISO 13053-1:2011 recommends the preferred or best practice for each of the phases of the DMAIC methodology used during the execution of a Six Sigma project. It also recommends how Six Sigma projects should be managed and describes the roles, expertise and training of the personnel involved in such projects. It is applicable to organizations using manufacturing processes as well as service and transactional processes.
Various professions may apply for this certification:
- Project managers or consultants willing to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Six Sigma methodology
- Quality executives and/or quality engineers
- ISO 13053 auditors who wish to fully understand the Six Sigma method
- Persons responsible for the quality or conformity in an organization
- Members of a quality team
- Expert advisors in quantitative methods in process improvements
- Technical experts (Quality technicians, plant managers, managers of customer service, operations managers, CEO’s, etc.) who want to prepare for a quality function or for a management of process improvements based on quantitative methods.
The requirements for “Implementer” certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||SSMS project experience||Other requirements|
|ISO 13053 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 13053 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO 13053 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 13053 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in related field||Project activities totalling 300 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO 13053 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 13053 Lead Implementer exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in related field||Project activities totalling 300 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
If an applicant doesn’t have all requirements to apply for the credentials of ISO 13053 Lead Implementer, he/she may apply for the credentials of ISO 13053 Implementer or ISO 13053 Provisional Implementer.
For certification purposes, the following implementation types constitute valid implementation experience:
- Internal implementation
- External/consulting implementation
- Partial implementation
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include most of the following activities:
- Drafting a SIX SIGMA implementation business case
- Managing a SIX SIGMA implementation project
- Implementing quantitative methods in process improvement controls
- Managing quantitative methods in process improvement controls
- Implementing metrics
- Implementing corrective or preventive action
- Performing a management review
- Performing a risk assessment
- Managing incidents
- Managing a Six Sigma team
Informations and registration:
Alexandra Niculae, Training Director ENVISO