IMPORTANT NOTE: ISO 26000 is a reference document that provides guidance for socially responsible behaviour into the organization. Organizations that implement these social responsibility guidances based on ISO 26000 cannot be certified by certification bodies. Although it is not possible to get an organization certified to ISO 26000, it is possible to implement its guidance and to audit an organization against this guidance. The personnel certifications PECB offers (Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor) serve to fulfil this market need.
The ISO 26000 Implementer certifications are professional certifications for professionals needing to implement guidance of Social Responsibility based on ISO 26000.
The principal competencies and knowledge skills needed by the market are the ability to support an organization in implementing and managing a Social Responsibility framework as specified in ISO 26000: implementation, surveillance, re-examination and operation of an SR, continual improvement of seven core subjects (1. human rights, 2. labour practices, 3. the environment, 4. fair operating practices, 5. consumer issues, 6. community and 7. involvement and development), management’s commitment, follow-up and review.
Various professions may apply for this certification:
- Manager or consultant wanting to implement an Social Responsibility (SR)
- Project manager or consultant wanting to master the Social Responsibility implementation process
- Person responsible for the Social responsibility in an organization
- Member of the social responsibility team
- Expert advisor in corporate social responsibility
- Technical expert wanting to prepare for an social responsibility audit function
The requirements for “Implementer” certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||SRMS project experience||Other requirements|
|ISO 26000 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 26000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO 26000 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 26000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of social responsibility work experience||Project activities totaling 200 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
|ISO 26000 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO 26000 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of social responsibility work experience||Project activities totaling 300 hours||Signing the PECB code of ethics|
For certification purposes, the following implementation types constitute valid implementation experience:
If an applicant doesn’t have all requirements to apply for the credentials of ISO 26000 Lead Implementer he/she may apply for the credentials of ISO 26000 Implementer or ISO 26000 Provisional Implementer.
- Internal implementation
- External/consulting implementation
- Partial implementation
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include most of the following activities:
- Drafting an SRMS implementation business case
- Managing an SRMS implementation project
- Implementing social responsibility core subjects
- Managing social responsibility core subjects
- Implementing corrective and/or preventive actions
- Performing a management review
- Managing an social responsibility team
Informations and registration:
Alexandra Niculae, Training Director ENVISO